Let's Play a Gospel Game
Here is a fun game you can play today. And maybe this "game" can be so woven into the fabric of your daily, practical life that it becomes who you are as a person. Here's the game: see how many people you can model the Gospel before today.
Here are some practical, Gospel-motivated illustrations of how to leave others better off than when you found them:
My prayer is that my life becomes one long happy trail of people who were better off after meeting me. (For those of you who have not been blessed by an encounter with me, I am truly sorry.)
- Hold the door open for someone today.
- Tell the cashier at a restaurant how grateful you are for their service to you.
- Identify and communicate at least three ways in which you appreciate your spouse.
- Identify and communicate at least three ways in which you appreciate your child.
- Send your pastor or small group leader (or both) an email expressing your gratitude for them.
- Send a friend, at random, an email expressing your gratitude for them.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the line at the grocery store.
- Take some food or dessert to your neighbor.
- Post an encouraging "status" on your Facebook page.
- Say "thank you" to at least five people today.
- Pray for a friend and let them know specifically what you prayed for.